commercial and residential interior design
30+ Years of experience
Design Adventures is a full services interior design firm striving to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Declaration of Quality
Design Adventures is a full service interior design firm striving to exceed the expectations of our clients. This philosophy is maintained through educated staff with more than 30 years of experience in design and construction. Quality work is one of the most important aspects of a successful project. We engage contractors with lengthy histories in their field of expertise. If at any time a client is unhappy we take immediate action to rectify the situation on their behalf. We are not satisfied until the client is pleased.
Carolyn Deardorff, M.A.
NCIDQ — National Council for Interior Design Qualification — Certificate # 019086
CKD — Certified Kitchen Designer
CAPS — Certified Aging in Place Specialist
CLIPP - Certified Living in Place Professional
Masters of Arts in Interior Design
Bachelors of Science in Interior Design
Design Adventures (founded in 1988)
Specializing in residential interior design with an emphasis on kitchen and bath and a special focus on renovations that allow seniors to stay in their homes. Past residential projects range from small scale finish selections to multi-million-dollar new construction and million dollar renovations. The most advanced computer technology is integrated into every project.
Teaching Experience in Higher Education
- Full time faculty, Interior Design Program, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, for three years
- Adjunct faculty, Interior Design Program, Arapahoe Community College, Littleton, CO, for eight years
- Universal design implementation in single-family housing
- Indoor air quality/Chemical sensitivity
- Effect of green design on environmental sensitivity
- Educational differences between architecture and interior design
- Working relationship between interior design practitioner and the commissioned artist